Thursday, July 02, 2009

Duncan Jones's Moon is Rising, or some such silly title

Just a quick post:

I recently joined my buds Steve, Samy, Chris, and NOT Golden for a rather long drive to see a film called Moon, directed by Duncan Jones (AKA "Zowie Bowie", son of David Bowie) and starring Sam Rockwell.

The film was absolutely excellent and I can't help but tell the world. Hence the blogging.

I won't be doing a full fledged review, because there's not much I can tell you about this movie that wouldn't spoil it for you. But I do want to deliver my strong, strong recommendation that you go see if it's playing in a cinema hear you (a list of cinemas and dates for those cinemas is over here). Keep checking as the list updates, because hopefully it'll be rolling out to more cities.

To give you an idea of what the film's about, it stars Sam Rockwell as Sam Bell, the sole crewman of a mining facility on the moon. His only company is an artificial intelligence named GERTY, who communicates with the voice of Kevin Spacey and a smiley avatar. Sam's three-year contract is almost up, and he's eager to get back home to his wife and daughter. But... well, I won't say much more. I'll let you find out for yourself when you see the movie.

The trailer can be found here. If that doesn't get you excited then you have no soul.

Go see it!

Wider Two Column Modification courtesy of The Blogger Guide